Saturday, July 7, 2012

Still catching up on some travels, Savannah & Niagara Falls

March:


Took a little trip to Savannah, Georgia! What a charming place. Not the most wonderful place I've ever been, but certainly a lovely one. As you may or may not know, Savannah is right on a river that feeds into the  Atlantic Ocean. While it was still pretty cold in Chicago, it was good and hot in Savannah. A great thing about Savannah (and many parts of the south) no open container laws! 
Savannah is one of the most haunted places in all the United States, so I went on a haunted tour, of course! A ton of beautiful haunted houses in Savannah. As well as beautiful old grave yards littered with evidence of what a devastation yellow fever brought to the south.  


April:

By April things between my boyfriend and I have calmed back down after several fiascoes. Just in time for a lovely trip to Niagara Falls. <3   Because Will is from France we had some worries about him being able to leave the US while he only has his work visa, however it proved easier than expected. 

Niagara Falls is known world-wide as a wonder of nature, and there is no doubt about that. However, in America is has an additional reputation: engagements, weddings, and honeymoons. A fact that was unbeknownst to my foreigner boyfriend. Before we left, everyone he mentioned the trip to asked, "Are you getting engaged!?" which he was not amused by after the 20th inquiry. 

 These are probably the best pictures of Will and me. We just don't have a lot of pictures of us, and the ones that we do are plagued with silly faces or photo bomb from a friend or drunk bystander.
One of the last nights on the trip we went to the rotating restaurant, the Skylon Tower to have a beautiful evening above the illuminated Niagara Falls. This couldn't have been more of a romantic trip, I owe that in part to the power of Niagara, no wonder it has such a romantic reputation. Later that evening Will and I walked closer to the lit-up falls, and I told Will I loved him for the first time. Awww! 




My dream coming true of being Alice In Wonderland 





No comments:

Post a Comment