Friday, July 20, 2012

Beer & Bacon Pairing


Last Saturday I did quite a bit of eating and drinking. I went to the Taste of Chicago and later met up with my family for beer and bacon tasting at Paddy Long's in Lincoln Park. 


 


Tasting Menu
The beer and bacon tasting consisted of a sampling of local bacon paired with seasonal beers, from lightest to darkest. All the bacons were significantly different from one another. The first tasted much more like a pork roast than your typical breakfast bacon, probably due to the fact that it was unsmoked (or perhaps lightly), it was also pork back (not belly) and it was grilled! Tasty!


The second bacon was my favorite, it was heavily peppered, but didn't have an overwhelming pepper flavor. Ooh so good. 


The last bacon was by far the oddest, it was made with brown sugar, and I think I was also told molasses. It wasn't cloyingly sweet, but definitely weird.  


Last Pairing
First Pairing

No comments:

Post a Comment