First let me describe my dream life...
At the age of 35, I have become a very successful entrepreneur with my own private practice in Dietetics. I am married to a ridiculously doting and handsome man who is also extremely successful. We have two healthy and beautiful children with a third on the way.
My dream career (other than being famous for no reason) is being a dietitian. The only way to become a Registered Dietitian is to get a degree from a DPD program and get an internship, and pass the RD exam. WOW! Sounds easy enough.
Woah woah... not easy at all. For those of you unfamiliar to the dietetic internship process, let me give you a fast and dirty overview. First you apply online to all the programs you want and rank the order of preference. Next, they pick their top favorites, normally only half a dozen or so out of the several hundreds applying. Then, you either get ONE acceptance OR NONE!
Here's where we stand now...
In May 2011, I graduated from Indiana University with a Bachelor of Science in Applied Health Science with a concentration in Dietetics and a minor in psychology. And that's pretty much all the closer I am to my dream.
Fast forward to January 2012 and I've been working in the Food and Nutrition Department at a hospital in my hometown of Chicago for a few months building my resume and trying to be on top of all this internship bullshit. Note: all applications for the match are due Feb. 15th 2012. FINALLY I'm done!
Fast forward to April 1st, MATCH DAY! The day when the fate of the rest of my life rests in a stupid matching system. ...and I don't get a match. Bloodly lovely.
I have two choices: wait to reapply next year. or, do my internship completely independently and unguided. Thanks Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics!
Okay so this makes my whole life sound like a drag, but really my life is pretty rocking right now.
A few months ago I started dating a man who happens to be FRENCH. That's right ladies, be jealous. He's seriously the best thing in my life. I've been in a relationship with him only a short while but I'm already more invested in this relationship than any I've ever had before (and there's been a loooooot).
Frenchy et Moi
Also, one of my best friends happens to be a pilot and I get his flight companion benefits and can fly anywhere for FREE! How can you beat that?! Airfare is effing outrageous!
Thirdly, I have the best family in the world! My sister is my best friends, my brother is a ridiculous person, and my parents are still flirty and adorable after 35 years of marriage. #blessed
My beautiful family
This ended up being a very Chicago-sports-themed post with those pics.


No comments:
Post a Comment